Sunday, March 2, 2008

GREEN ATC

This is an atc card I sent in last week for a technique swap. It was supposed to be green, pieced and stitched. I choose the option to make mine paper and to add the appearance of stitching. But I just couldn't wrap my mind around how to design it. It was an agony from the beginning. I don't know if it's because I don't quilt, but I just could not think how to make the design. Finally, I cut a piece of paper the size of the atc and drew sections, cut out the sections and used them as a template to cut out the pieces of paper. Then I drew a shamrock and cut it out. I used a white souffle pen to draw various stitches on the card. When it still seemed too unexciting, I added a glitter shamrock sticker made from foam, three rhinestones, and a fancy trim at the bottom. Surely, I forged some new brain cells with this one because it was so difficult for me. I think it is good to do a mix of technique swaps and swaps just for fun as both develop your talents in different ways.

3 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

I think it looks fabulous!
Karla

Deanne said...

again you impress me!! That is great!

Sherry said...

I think this looks great and I like that you challenged yourself to do something outside the box!