Tuesday, September 30, 2008

MR. EYE CHING CROW ARRIVES HOME SAFE FROM HIS TRAVELS

Some months ago I signed up to participate in a round robin of scrap crows. You can read about it here and here and here and here. Please meet Mr. Eye Ching Crow who was returned safely home to Terry this week. Mr. Eye Ching Crow (yes, as the artist describes in the accompanying booklet) is a play on words. He left home with an acrylic eye made from a symbol and all his other accouterments he had added by other artists along the way. Various artists who worked on him added the feet, 2 reflecting buttons, a calligraphy nib, some yard and beads, some coins, and some papers for a coat. He arrived at my place in such splendor that I had a hard time thinking of anything to added that would not distract from his magnificence. In the end, I added some black velvet and black satin feathers from an old vintage hat I de-constructed. I added pure silver ground glass to the edge of all four wings and sent him along his way.
Here is Mr. Crow from the back. Isn't he fabulous????

No comments: