Monday, June 2, 2008

SEW WHAT'S NEW?

The sew/no sew alterations have been going so well, I decided to try my hand this weekend at altering my Keds which had some kind of rust stain on one of the toes I couldn't get out. I painted the tan Keds black and silver with Jacquard Black textile paint and silver lumiere. It worked just super. I have some more ideas for how to complete the shoes, but I'll save that for later.


Here's a closeup of the birds I stamped on the shoe. I used a clear plastic stamp on my finger instead of on an acrylic block and it was easier to roll the image onto the painted fabric. Then heat set it with a heat gun.
This altering stuff is so much fun I visited 2 thrift stores on Sunday to look for more things to alter!

4 comments:

leavesofgreen said...

Just saw the shoes! Very cute. Looking for some that I can do.

obsessed scrapbooker said...

That is WOW! You did a great job!

Carolyn said...

Hi Trish !
Thanks for entering my giveaway - you wasn`t too late to enter it though !
I would have put up with the stain mark or thrown them if they were ready for binning ! It`s a good idea that you thought of trish !

Sherry said...

Trish if it's not nailed down (and even if it was!), you find a way to alter it...you are an inspirational amazement!