Thursday, May 29, 2008


Here's a photo of the now wrinkled rayon print dress and linen shirt I'm altering - at least it will kind of give you an idea of where I'm going. The original dress had another tier on it and I cut that off and hemmed it.
Then I used some of the left over fabric to make the pocket above on the front of the shirt. I am still trying my hand at making a ruffle on the bottom edge of the shirt. The shirt was originally very long and shapeless and I cut it and the sleeves off to make a swingy little short shirt/jacket.

Here's a photo of the bottom of the dress and the edge I left on of the original tier.

Here is the little round pocket I made on the back of the shirt. I made a pattern for both pockets from newspaper and then hand stitched them together and then onto the shirt. The hardest decision was where to place the pockets.

No comments: